Now that the holiday season is over, we’re into the winter months. And here in New Hampshire, it’s cold outside. Which means my kids are indoors more…so this mom has to find some ideas to keep them busy.
Crafts and art projects are a great way to occupy children and encourage them with creativity. Of course, you have to be creative yourself and since I’m not very…well I turned to Google and Pinterest for ideas. Here’s my favorites – 10 winter crafts for kids:
Where I found these winter crafts:
(From the top left to the bottom)
- Snowman Jar Craft – All Kids Network
- Kid-Made Doorbells – Martha Stewart
- Pine Cone Skier – Twig and Toadstool
- Mitten Suncatcher – Kaboose
- Q-Tip Snowflakes - Easy Crafts for Kids
- Marshmallow Snowman – Happy Home Fairy
- Craft-Stick Snowman – Serving Pink Lemonade
- Puffy Snowflakes – Inner Child Fun
- Doily Snowmen – Happy Holidays House
- Glittered Snowman Scene – Craft Project Ideas
I want to try all of these with my kids, but our first project will have to be the Puffy Snowflakes – they look so easy and fun! And of course the snowmen are all adorable, with my favorite being the Snowman Jar Craft. What a great idea!
Which of these winter crafts for kids is your favorite?
— Erika Bragdon (@MusingsSAHM) January 7, 2013